Friday, January 22, 2016

Newbie: Ore Venture






The above video is a quick mining guide from CCP which explains the how to mine ore as well as the different types of mining (ie. ice and gas).

If you already did the newbie missions you should have receive 1 Venture, an ore mining frigate which is shown in the video. On this post I will show various Venture fits to get you started off. However as you skill up, mining can be boring as it is the slowest way of generating ISK income.

While you mine I suggest using these 2 programs which will further enhance your Eve experience; EFT and EveMon. EFT is a fitting tool for ships while EveMon is a skill planner to keep track what you skills you need in order to achieve a particular ship fit.

[Venture, Basic T1]
Mining Laser Upgrade I

Survey Scanner I
1MN Afterburner I
Small Shield Booster I

Miner I
Miner I
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x2

However if you wish to further your mining interest then you will want to upgrade mining modules to T2 and eventually train towards mining barges, exhumers, Prospect (T2 Venture) or Endurance (Ice Mining Venture) which i will cover in a separate post.

[Venture, Basic T2]
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Scoped Survey Scanner
Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
[empty med slot]

Miner II
Miner II
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x2

Quick Notes

  • Newbies should start within 0.8-1.0 sec systems as your drones will kill rats quickly. 
  • 0.7-0.5 sec systems will require you to speed tank (ie. orbiting a roid)
  • To determine which type of ore is worth more check out Cerlestes.de.
  • Adventurous newbies might want to dive down to a quiet lowsec system to mine the ores which are more lucrative than highsec ones. 
  • In lowsec stay aligned to stations or bookmarks to get out safety if pirates or rats appear on grid.

credits: Eve Flight Academy (Youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment